Cheap customers ??????

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING, Aug 19, 2007.

1. ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING

ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Well i just got into this business about 3 mounths ago and have like 5 customers that i mow i hade more but i kicked there but to the curb ....Iv been geting calls every day from new customers from clean ups to planting flowers bushes and stuff like that so i havent been loking to much for mowing jobs. But i want more but i dont want no more Bi weekly cheap customers there yards get to high and its a pain in my ass to mow.....how to get better customers ...Now these customers i have live in $300.000 dolar homes they got money .....What to do and i want to start billing need a good monthy contract for doing everything

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Most the people living in the huge 300,000 dollar homes are barely making it these days. Half are living off the credit cards and can't afford to pay for the things they used to pay for such as lawn care. I've seen a lot of people losing there houses around here. Most that have the big huge homes don't always have money, they have fake money, they are living off there credit cards to keep up and pretend to have money.

3. ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING

ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

No These people have it there Indians and one own a limo company and the others i dont what they do but have clean ass cars and spending money on everthing but me !!!!!!!!!!

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I totally agree with the other on here. You can NEVER tell what someone is worth by looking at what they have. Usually the more someone has the less they have in their checking.

It is usually the opposite of what we think!

5. me1223

me1223 LawnSite Member

It's interesting that you're complaining that they won't pay you more than neccessary, you don't get rich by paying more than you have to, it's not like they've broken the contract, they just want a better deal.

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I grew up in Garland, I know the type, not sure how your gonna get them to go weekly, ya may do like I do, explane to them how bnad it is to do that,
    how bad it is for the grass,

most of my customers "high end" seem to wanna be cheap and question almost everything I do. seems I'm on the phone explaning more than working,
    it's just part of the business,

also, I would like to know what part of Garland you service,

My Mother is at 1st and Kingsley, she needs someone to cut her lawn,

thanks