1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cheap flyers?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by BCFLawnLandscape, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BCFLawnLandscape

BCFLawnLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Cheapest place to get flyers made up? just a single page flyer w/2 colors??? looking to print about 10k. hoping not to spend more than about 3 to 4 hundred. Am I dreaming?
  2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Then stay away from Kinko's. They quoted me almost $0.80/page.
  3. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

u can get 10 k for 3 and change
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Sorry, but YES YOU ARE DREAMING!! Even at $400 for 10K that's only 0.03 cents each and I you'd be VERY lucky to even get BW printed for that as the cheapest rate you normally see for BW is about 0.05 cents each. ALso color printing is color printing whether it has 2 colors or 5 colors it will still cost the same. The very cheapest I have seen color printing anywhere was at like 0.25 cents per copy. Which for 10K would be $2500.00

BUT, if you don't need flyers you can get full color postcards and some doorhangers printed for between $150-$400 per 5K depending on which company you use.
  5. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

Try quickprint.com, and flyerprinting.com
  6. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

doorhangersetc work better than flyers

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

A local printshop does mine for 3 cents a copy. Best deal I could find, and quick turn-around as well.
  8. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

My local office depot will print 10,001 flyers (this is the best price break) for 3 cents apiece, letter or legal. =$300

the trick to 1 cent flyers is design them 3 to a page on legal paper which is only slightly smaller than 2 to a page for letter size.

Now have the legal page cut into 3 pieces (2 cuts) $80.00

You now have 30,000 flyers for 1.3 cents each. :eek:
  9. Jcs Lawn and Landscape

Jcs Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Member

i think you would be able to get them without them being 2500.00 dollars what a fool for the person that said that
  10. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

He's right .
    I get 30,000 for $750.00 from a local printer and mine are half pages , on yellow paper with black print , cost .12 cents each to mail