1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

cheap flyers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green boy1, May 19, 2006.

1. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

Were do u guys go to make youre flyers?:walking:
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a local printer that is pretty good. I get 5" by 7" flyer's I use for mailing, 3" by 8" which have a rip off business card at the bottom for in person sales, business cards, 16 by 24" poles signs and vehicle magnets. He also does all the designing. I find the professional image important so I'm willing to pay for it.

3. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here the magic number is 10,000. At 10,000 they will print them (8.5x11) for 2 cents each, thats per side.

for comparison if I were to only get 1000 I would have to pay 3.5 cents almost double.

In quantity terms, I could pay 35 bucks for 1000 or pay 200 bucks for 10,000. (but I always get two sides printed)
  4. grassmasterdawn

grassmasterdawn LawnSite Member

I get mine for free at my part time job:dancing:

But our actual customers pay .02 per side for 8 1/2" x 11" (b&w, not color). We have no minimum order and the price doesn't change with quantity. We do smaller sizes, for instance, half sheets (.015 per side) and one-third sheets (.01 per side).

4" x 5 1/2" postcards would be .05 each (2-sided b&w print). They are printed on sturdy card stock (can be on colored stock/we generally we use pastel colors for ease of reading the text). Half sheet flyers on card stock would be .04 per side.

Prices do not include actual shipping charges.
  5. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

man must be nice where you guys all live its like .30 cents a copy here ridiculous aint it i can make them at home on my comp cheaper
  6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

oh yeah the .30 cents is at the cheapest places so we just order doorhangers online at about .06 cents each. How are doorhangers cheaper than flyers:hammerhead: crazy huh?