1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Grass Catcher With Accelerator Style Handles... hmm....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clean_cut, Feb 18, 2011.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I found this catcher on ebay and I'm really considering it. I'm sure an accelerator is a much better catcher, but the $400 price tag isn't justified by the amount of use it will get.

Here's my problem though, I have a ztr with a 48" velocity deck and a walk behind with a 52" advantage deck. Does anybody know if a catcher for the velocity deck will also fit the advantage deck? I'm sure that it will be slightly bigger than the opening for the advantage deck, but extra large catcher opening cause any problems? :confused:

Thanks guys! :)

2. clean_cut

Does anybody have any experience with this?

3. clean_cut

3rd page already???? Come on fellas, I need to get this thing ordered soon for spring cleanups, doesn't anybody have Scag mowers?

4. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry I can't help you. I'm like you, I would only use a catcher maybe 8 hrs / yr and can't justify the cost (but I'd buy a cheaper one if it worked well). Is the one you're looking at a used one? If it's new (and they have more for sale) could you point me in that direction in case I missed them while I was looking around the other day for one? Thanks, and good luck!

5. clean_cut

6. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Yea that should be a good catcher, not much that really goes into them. Lots of people on here rave about the accelerator catchers and i'm sure they are great, but I can buy two of the grass gobblers for the price of one accelerator catcher. I have put my gobblers through hell and back and never had anything break. Down side to the accelerators is I can't weld aluminum so I either have to take it some place or ship it back to the manufacture to have it fixed if I manage to break it... The other ones are just steel and anybody can easily fix them.