cheap hydro w/b

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mag360, Feb 12, 2003.

1. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Stopped in at my dealer today to check on a date for his annual spring expo and asked him what deals he had going on. He said he had a leftover scag hydro 15hp 48in fixed deck never been used for $3500. I said "Crap man, I'll take it."

Same mower with belt drive '03 model--$3300

I don't know if it's all that useful to me but I wasn't about to turn it down and, frankly, I'm in a heck of a good mood now because of it.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I f I had the money > now I would buy it. It would be great as a backup if you do not have enough mowers. Approx how many hours, year,etc ?

3. mag360

2002 model year-brand spankin new--right place-right time-$3500 poorer but dang pleased with myself

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Good job

Btw: your NOT $3500 poorer you are $3500 more productive.:)

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

What dealer? Suburban Lawn?

6. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Are you sure that it's a hydro and not just another belt drive because Scag doesn't make a 48" 15hp Kawasaki hydro. They make a 36" with a 15hp Kawasaki and $3500 seems like it would be the right price for a leftover 2002. Scag also makes a 17hp KAwasaki 48" Hydro mower too so check with the guy again.

7. mag360

Bob,

yes-sir! none better!
    I assume you'll be there on the 6th?

8. mag360

lawnkid-already bought it and it is a 15hp 48in hydro-thanks for the concern though

9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I tried to send you an email or private message, but you don't have either one of these activated.

10. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I get brand spanking new Bunton 48" hydro fixed deck mowers for 3K. Its a good deal I would take it to. I personally dont like the scag hydro drive and electric clutch problems but hey thats why I dont own scag. Some have good luck some have bad