Cheap / Inexpensive Design Software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Skimastr105, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

2. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

i think it depends on your customer and your market i use master landscape pro v-10 by punch software for 65.00 and i get compliments from customers. guys here only seem to like 1000 dollar programs but i say they have 6000 dollar z's and i have a 700 dollar walk-behind they are faster and adjustable and etc.etc. but i cut also i can cut acres too so it is not always a price factor. you can check my post on this topic and see some i have done.

3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I was just about to make a new thread asking same question. I was looking at the software that the OP spoke of and was wondering if it was any good. I just need something for my own use for my home.

4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I really like the program.
    I own it and you can do almost anything that a 1000+ dls. program does.
    I also own designware which I paid around 500 for it but ideaspectrum is much better.

5. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have a good collection of digital landscape photos and want to clone in plants from other photos, there is a really good free download- paint.net. It is almost like a watered down Photoshop.

You can add layers, turn them on or off, re-arrange them, resize, rotate, and add text and other objects.

It is freeware.

6. squirrel19

squirrel19 LawnSite Member
    from KY/TN

For what it is worth, I have used sevral cheap programs in my 11 yrs of business and I have yet ti find one I like more than Pro Landscape. True it is costly in the beginning, but you can do as I did and use a cheaper one at first and save the money for it. It will truly pay for itself fast. The customer care is awsome. I have one person there that I call and she helps me with any part of the program. I wish I would have just spent the money years ago. The plants, grass, etc. just look more realistic. I am closing a job today because of it and I am making a $1500 profit on this 2 day job. I'd say that pays for it right there. Spend the money and get the best if you can swing it, if not then save for it...

7. squirrel19

squirrel19 LawnSite Member
    from KY/TN

For what it is worth, I have used several cheap programs in my 11 yrs of business and I have yet ti find one I like more than Pro Landscape. True it is costly in the beginning, but you can do as I did and use a cheaper one at first and save the money for it. It will truly pay for itself fast. The customer care is awesome. I have one person there that I call and she helps me with any part of the program. I wish I would have just spent the money years ago. The plants, grass, etc. just look more realistic. I am closing a job today because of it and I am making a $1500 profit on this 2 day job. I'd say that pays for it right there. Spend the money and get the best if you can swing it, if not then save for it...