cheap insurance! do your home work and CALL!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green Quality, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Green Quality

Green Quality LawnSite Member

i called and called,waited,and waited called some more!getting quotes,many out there for 300,000,$375 to 500,and up! i had called a company to get a quote,and they never called back! so i called them again,and Said( if you don't give me a quote. i'll go with your competitor!)well they gave me a call and a quote and were sorry about not calling back. i tell ya when i heard that quote my mouth droped for( $500,000 for $177.00.)I now have insurance!! for the whole year!

2. curry

curry LawnSite Member

What company, and contact info

3. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

That is a very good price. I pay $404 for 1,000,000 and $297 for insurance on my equipment.

4. FFMED74

FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

got 1mil / 2mil policy and equiptment for $325 through Erie.

5. s&wlawncare

s&wlawncare LawnSite Member

how can we contact these companies and who is yours green quality i need to get insurance badly

6. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

My insurance is with Nationwide, the same as my house and cars.

It may not be the cheapest, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

7. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Getting ready to head up to the insuance agent's here in a little bit with a check. Got one million in liability and $12,000 equipment coverage for $450. Called one other agent, but still haven't received a quote, even after calling back once, so I figured this guy had my business because it only took about an hour for him to call back. Might have been able to save some more by shopping around, but from most of the prices I've seen on here, I thought this was pretty reasonable.

8. btbej

btbej LawnSite Member

WOW! I called around and Nationwide would not touch me being my first year, Erie wanted $850 per year, and an independant agent got me with safeco for $565 per year. This is 1mill/2mill coverage with no equipment coverage. When I add the snow removal to it I am going to $900 per year. These are Ohio rules and rates....you guys seem to be in a good insurance market.

9. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I got 1 mil for $350 through American Family.

10. Emerald Cut Lawns

Emerald Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Nationwide is quoting us at 875.00 for 500,000/1,000,000 got to be something cheaper....