1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Lawn Service

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mike S., Sep 21, 2010.

1. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

im 15 allso:weightlifter:
  2. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Here is my deal, when I was 4 I "helped" my dad with a neighbors lawn. I LOVED it so I asked my mom if could have a biz, she said "when you are 8 you can" (she figured I would find other interests over time) but as my 8th birthday approached I kept talking about cutting lawns, finally on my birthday I said ok I am 8 now I am ready, my mom said fine you can put filers on our street (again she figured I would not get work and find other interests) NOPE I got one lawn, then the next year I had 1 and a on call lawn. the following year I was up to 4, then in 2007 when I was 12 I purshcaed a 32 inch walk behind at the time I had 9 accounts, I also added entry leval commerical handheld equipment. By march 2009 I had 11 lawns and the 32 started to have issues so I added a 48, then a few months later I had all my handhelds stolen, so I had to buy all new stuff. Now I have pretty much everything I need to go fulltime other then a truck, but I need to finish school first. So technically I started 7 years ago but really I took off about 4 years ago
  3. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Oh I frogot to mention I wakled to all my jobs until last year so thats also why I was working at such a young age
  4. h2oskier

h2oskier LawnSite Senior Member

I give you credit buddy if what you say is true, you definately have the drive to make it in this business.:)

4CORNERS LawnSite Member

Just wanted to throw in my two cents too...change the name! I know that in the areas that we service, if someone saw the name on the side of the truck or in an advertisement, they wouldn't take a second look. I find it really hard to believe that you cut these yards at $10.00 a pop. No offense, but the first thing that pops in my head is...you get what you pay for.