cheap mower parts in internet

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SERRICO, Aug 5, 2004.

1. SERRICO

SERRICO LawnSite Member
    from TX

Does anyone shop in internet for mower parts?

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Serrico, I've looked but have pretty much come up goose eggs.. What I mean is I haven't found any body selling say, like Great Dane oem parts online. I can go online and look up just about any part for my Chevy pickup, but my equipment, no. There are some places that sell aftermarket parts and such, but theur website's usually aren't too detailed as far as specific parts and such.. SOME manufacturers have parts info on their websites, but it's usually for dealers only ( have to have a password to acsess ).
    So far it's been a let down.

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Try J-Thomas.com. They carry Great Dane parts and a lot of others. I buy most of my maintenance items from them as well. Their prices are a lot lower than dealer prices and the quality is equal to or better than OEM items.

4. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

Commercial Landscape Supply is pretty good too.

5. TrueTrim1

TrueTrim1 LawnSite Member

J-Thomas has good prices, and I've bought a few things for them. If you don't see a part listed in the online catalog or in their regular catalog, more than likely they can special order it for you if you know the OEM number for the part you need. I will probably be buying most of the parts I don't need immediately from J-Thomas if I can get them there. I won't go to a dealer unless I have to. I am all for supporting local dealers, but right now, I can't afford to pay twice as much at the dealer for the same part.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

yup, between landscaper supply, landscaper pro, and j-thomas....j-thomas is the cheapest

7. Liquid Cooled

Liquid Cooled LawnSite Member