Cheap Mowers Made in China.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Fareway Lawncare, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Looking to Save a Few Bucks or Looking for a "Great Deal" on a Mower ?.... beware that you May be supporting the Rise of the World's Next Economic Super Power....Cheap Labour Can't be Beat...Especially by a Spoiled North American Population.

http://www.mowersulky.com/factory_tour.htm

2. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

I strongly agree...that's exactly why I drive an American SUV :)

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

yup,
    we are funding the communist way too much.
    i watch what i buy very carefully, see my explosion on the post for boots http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=93672

4. GTLC

Stumper you made a great point on outsourcing....Many people don't realize that when the buy something made in a third-world country, they are just taking away jobs from their fellow American. :cry:

5. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Not trying to be critical...just to bring awareness.....anbody own a tv or a computer......hmmmmm.......most electronic car parts......A LOT of Harley parts....most everything you buy at Wal-Mart or Target or Kmart...etc...etc

I agree though....we need to bring our jobs back home....it is way outta control

6. GTLC

Yes, unfortunately as a consumer its hard to find something mass-produced that is actually made in America...I hope alot of people watch the show "Made in America" on the travel channel.

7. Carolina Cutter

Thats kinda interesting.....watchin a show called "made in America" on something made in Korea, China or wherevver else......LOL

8. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

can't stop living but, i'm not going to be purchusing anything built out of north america ( i included canada ) if i can help it, its not the company owner that matters its where its made. if its availible from here i don't care if it cost twice as much I AM SUPPORTING THE AMERICAN/CANADIAN WORKERS.
    not some slant eyes half a world away. wally world is a discrase to the american work force along with awhole bunch more. bissel took manufaturing to mexico, fridgidare, lifesavers is in canada now instead of holland mi. dodges, fords and gms come from all over the only real american built is the so called imports.

9. Carolina Cutter

Yep...we Americans sent all that work to Mexico and they are trying like hell to get here.....seems as though the work would be enough

10. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

Take care of our own. :)