Cheap Mowers Made in China.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Fareway Lawncare, Jan 23, 2005.

1. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I went to the web-site..And I was amazed..2000 for a hydro walk behind..And pretty red paint.Like a ferri..They make ztr 52" riders(hydro)Nice
    And guess what 3500.00 brand new shipped...I wrote them and got a quick responce....I mit buy one of those riders.. :realmad: talk about more money in my pocket..China man mowers no problem...as long as they last and cut good..hummn

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

The owner is the guy with the most stock. None the less, the Ceo and large stock holders (no matter what their tittle is) are the ones laughing all the way to the bank. They don't care about anything but their money and the money that they leave to their children. They live in a different world and could care less about what happens to the rest of the american citizens.

3. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

I couldn't have put it better myself. Thank You !

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

where do you See 2K for the Hydro Walk ?

5. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Well I can't help but wonder with all you guys talking about buying american and keeping your money in the USA how many of you all have kawasaki or Honda Engines on your mowers and use Redmax, Shindawia, Tanaka, and Echo power equipment. Your money is going straight to japan. i suggest you start buying Stihl equipment and Kohler engines on your mowers.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What's the difference between sending your money to Japan or sending it to Germany? It's leaving the country either way. Or did you not know that Stihl USA is owned by ANDREAS STIHL AG & Co. KG, Waiblingen, Germany?

8. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The difference there is the 1,200 American workers employed by Stihl USA.

9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

A great number, if not all, of the other imports are assembled here too. You ever see what it says on the crankcase of a Kawasaki engine? In case you haven't noticed it says MADE IN USA. A good number of the parts on a Kohler engine are out-sourced too. The electronics (Mexican the last I heard), fuel injection (Bosch) and who knows what else.

I am all for buying as many American owned products as possible but to say that you should buy Stihl over any other import just because they're assembled here doesn't hold water.

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I really didn't know that Stihl was really German. I honestly thought that they were american. I guess because of the large manufacturing plant they have in Virgina Beach, Virginia. Stihl says made in USA while other equipment says assembeled in USA. You right I guess, most companies outsource so several parts are foreign made. I know the Zama carburetors on Stihl are made in China.