Cheap people pay double.

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Sunscaper, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a few pictures from an estimate I was underbid on two months ago. East Asian Indian decided that my price was too high. Today I was called to give an estimate to fix the job two weeks in the making. The guy finds out now it's going to cost $2k more than it would have from the start and he has the lowest quality paver ever made. Enjoy looking at what $3.00 per square foot will buy you.

HPIM0152.jpg

HPIM0156.jpg

HPIM0157.jpg

HPIM0158.jpg

2. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Wtf ;) ...........

3. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

did they break that culvert?

was is 3 dollars a square installed?

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Its quite obvious the guy is one step above most of us. He was smart enough to put a speed bump in the driveway. I would never of thought of that idea.....maybe next driveway I price I will .........

5. asjgabries

asjgabries LawnSite Member

Do you need to have a base of stone under that sand?

6. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Man I see a bunch of things wrong. First, he should have started at the road and work towards the house. The pavers will stay put and not shift like working downhill. Next, any fancy inlay should be done after the field is put down. Why waste all that time trying to figure cuts when you can just trace an outline, then cut. Duhh. I don't even want to know where his screed rails are. That looks like beach sand. A little too dry for my liking. ughh.

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Yes a well compacted base and a geo-tex

8. senatorcongressman

senatorcongressman LawnSite Member
    from WDC

edging only adds to the cost

9. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys forget that in Florida, they don't have to adhere to ICPI... :rolleyes:

So, Sunscaper, what you are ultimately charging to fix the mess? $5/foot?

10. Sunscaper

Sunscaper LawnSite Senior Member

I will not fix the mess. I am going to make more $ off of the stupidity here than I could have ever made off one installation. I will not lower myself to deal with this guy. He wants crap, crap he will have but not with our brand anywhere associated with it.