Cheap realestate company.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jun 5, 2007.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well I did a clean up on this abandoned house a month ago and charged them $65 and told them I would maintain the small property for $35 every two weeks because they were crying about how much money they lost (repo). Well he writes me a letter back and said to only mow it once a month, twice was too much. So I mowed it and sent him a bill for about double the two week price. He calls today upset that I charged so much for a small lot. So I told him I was sorry but I wasn't cutting this overgrown rough lot for $35 per month. So I'm fired and glad. He wants me to find someone that will do it for that and I told him I guess there are some desperate guys out there, I'd see. Glad to be fired (or quit). Heres what it looks like after a month and it has two steep banks in front that are really over grown.

Pics 006.jpg

Pics 007.jpg

Pics 011.jpg
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Was that two feet tall??
  3. IA_James

IA_James LawnSite Silver Member
    from Iowa

Repo companies are outrageous on their demands, and will get whatever they can out of you. The number you shoot them doesn't matter, they will try and bargain down from there. You would be doing the same thing if you had shot them $70 instead of $35. His having you call around for him is just trying to get out of doing his own work. You might try telling him that nobody else will do it once a month for less than a Benjamin. After all, he's lying to you, and you gotta play the game. Remember, "If you're not cheating, you're not trying."
  4. Skyking

Skyking LawnSite Member

Did you ask if he is from Florida???
  5. OMG

OMG LawnSite Senior Member

2 weeks-60% higher than normal
    3 weeks-85% higher than normal (schedule buster/wear and tear)
    4 weeks-110% higher than normal (schedule buster/wear and tear)

This is assuming no fertilization/irrigation or above average rainfall.
  6. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Unfortunately, you're not alone in this experience Tacoma. They're like that in this neck of the woods also. He would still have complained if you quoted $25, or $50 for the month. Realtors play the same kind of games. They all have a "budget" and it is a holy sin to encroach on their commission.

I wouldn't do the slightest bit of legwork for him. If he's that concerned about price, let HIM get out there and push a 21.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this one either. :)

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I heard that!!! But can you blame them? They have to save money where they can to increase their bottom line. Good business practice. Everyone should do it. It sucks that we happen to be on the receiving end of the screwing.
  8. The Captain

The Captain LawnSite Senior Member

He wants you to find some to do it for his price? Hello....If you do, let me know. I've got some lots for that new guy to Illinois. This so called real estate agent has a phone and probably more free time than you. (After all, you work for a living, remember.)

Really, after this clown pays you for what you've done, check your caller ID each call and avoid him forever. Jobs like this ruin your equipment and your attitude.

Sorry, I'm just bored and being a smarta$$, but don't get used or abused.

Good luck......

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

yup..... I'll find you a guy that will do it for that..........

wait right here......
  10. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Id call him back ad say you found a guy and he will be out the last day in each month to cut it........Just make sure not to laugh when you say it. Then when he calls and asks were the guy is, say I dont know but I can come do it for $165 if you would like.