Cheap Suspension Seat Option?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Mar 24, 2006.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

I know this has been discussed here before, but I thought maybe a few people had some newer ideas. Is there any place to buy a full suspension seat for the Hustler Z? I got mine as a last years model without one and last year was my last year without it. I need a suspension seat AND flex forks.

Thanks,
    gps_jetskier

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

A little FYI.....
    We will have a bolt in suspension option available for the Hustler Z and Mini Z (44 and 52 inch) sometime next month.
    You will bolt this in under your current seat.
    It is fully adjustable.
    Here is the part #, 600197 Suspension Kit MSRP $216.70
    Dealers are just getting the information on this.
    I know its not exactly what you are asking for in this post, but it is a option for you.

Pj

3. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is a picture of it.
    [​IMG]

4. gps_jetskier

Thanks. I've seen those ultra low profile additions. Actually K&M sells them for $158 which didn't seem like a bad deal really. However, I'm hearing they might not be all that hot. So I decided to hold off and buy a true suspension seat. It costs more (roughly $350), but appearently is worth it.

With the addition of flex forks I'm hoping that makes for a SMOOOTTTHHH ride.

thanks,
    gps_jetskier

5. HDFF03

HDFF03 LawnSite Member

How does this suspension kit compare (ride comfort) to the suspension seat that comes on the Super Z?

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It's pretty close, I have run both and I am a pretty good sized guy, if your under 200 lbs I think they would be about the same.

Pj

7. gps_jetskier

What about the addition of a flex seat to this though? Is that a good combo?

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It would be, anything you add the Flex Seat platform to rides better.
    I have not driven this combo, but I have plenty of hours on the Flex Seat and that alone with the stock non suspension seat makes a huge difference.

Pj

9. gps_jetskier

Thanks. I think that's the combo I may go with then.

10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

My Super Z has the suspension seat, flex forks and flex seat base that mounts under your existing suspension seat. There is not a better riding (probably not comparable) zero turn mower made this day and time, you can believe I run mine as hard as it can possibly be run. I would say if you ran (which you can't) another mower the way I run this one without those features, you could not stand the ride and it would destroy the mower.