1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Trailers Are Impossible To Find!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Hometown Lawn Care, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Man its hard to find cheap landscaping trailers around my area...

2. hurtful burrito

hurtful burrito LawnSite Member

I am not trying to be funny...but if you can't find a good price on a trailer... then maybe there is a shortage of supply, and an excess of demand. Maybe you are in the wrong business.Just being observative since it seems everyone with a truck and a mower is cutting these days....
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i know what your saying.....i read about people on this site getting trailers dirt cheap. most seem to be located in the midwest, and i dont know if its cause a lot of trailer manufacturers are out that way, or they just price lower, but it seems the northeast is priced way higher for trailers. you should take a ride to limberger trailers in Ellington CT. they are a huge trailer dealer, and they have a huge selection.
  4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Yes!! I agree with you. My jaw drops sometimes at the prices you guys in other parts of the US are paying. 16' two axle trailer for $1500 or even less? Try $3100 or more around CT!!
  5. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

It's true that they cost alot here and the shipping is a big part of it beacuse most are made out west or down south.
  6. hunter

hunter LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

just ordered a new one. 6 x12 tandem with 4' sides, toolbox, trimmer rack, gas can racks on each side and electric brakes. total price $1650.00.

Have to drive seven hours to pick it up, but it cost me about 900 less than anywhere around Houston.
  7. Hometown Lawn Care

Hometown Lawn Care LawnSite Member

see.... ahahah thats not cheap..
  8. reelgrass92

reelgrass92 LawnSite Member

I have found a cheap, cheap place to buy trailers about 25 miles from my house. I can get a 16ft tandem axle w/gate, wood floor, brakes are extra. For $1099.

C & W Trailers, located in Belmont, MS.
  9. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

:confused: :confused: How can they legally sell a trailer that big without brakes? I thought DOT required brakes on trailers heavier than 1500 lbs.
  10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Anything over 3500 requires brakes.Thats trailer and load together.I bought the same trailer Reelgrass92 has for 885.00 in Chatt.Brakes are 125.00 extra.My trailer weighs 1500 alone.:)