Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mole, Mar 27, 2004.

1. mole

mole LawnSite Member

As I stated In one of my last threads about a company getting $13.00 for lawns with a free spring clean up with a signed contract, I have lost 10%of my customers. These are people on my street. I can't wait to see this guy this spring busting his a** for 13.00 these lawns grow like weeds in the spring dump costs alone are going to kill him. He say's he has two helpers and him self 3 guys doing a lawn for 13.00 I don't see where he makes money.
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Doesn't make much sense does it. Why do the work so cheap I don't get it, people actually brag about how cheap they will do work for it cracks me up. He won't be around for long and your customers will come back with a good lesson learned, you get what you pay for.
  3. Cleatus

Cleatus LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

d@mn dude, you need to get him to do your lawn.
  4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

he will only hurt himself and the industry
  5. club54

club54 LawnSite Member
    from alabama

gas will cost that much
  6. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

Cheap guys don't bother me too much. They go out of business fast and leave customers begging to take them back. They are in such a hurry to get the lawn done that the lawn looks bad and the customer calls back begging to take them back. Finally, there are a lot of lawns out there that are willing to pay a decent price and these are the ones I want.
  7. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree 100%. Why would you work for less than is fair? All I ask for is a level playing field.
  8. mole

mole LawnSite Member

already called him. But funny he won't return my call, or drop off the contract.