1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

cheaper hurricane blower.

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THEGOLDPRO, Jul 14, 2010.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

you guys seen the cheaper version of the hurricane blower? the rep said this one was going to cost in the 5k range. you steer by moving the whole handle assembly left and right. it had an 18hp subaru on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

That's real neat. I'm just glad that I mow till all the leaves are done falling! We just don't get the leaves that some of you guys do.

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

that would be great for parking lots around campus...

4. THEGOLDPRO

yeah i think im gonna pick this one up, its roughly half the price of the original hurricane blower
    blower is alittle smaller,doesnt have the vac option, and isnt a full hydro steering system, they made this one to sell to the guys who dont want to spend 10k on a blower that will only be used a few months out of the year. here is the original hurricane blower for people who havent seen it.
    [​IMG]

5. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

sometimes simple is better...

6. propertymanagement2010

propertymanagement2010 LawnSite Member
    from jerzey

you could just build one yourself outta a billy goat 18hp for under $3500.....

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet, $5K is reasonable, $10K for the original is insane, which I told them. Lots of guys around here with them, but I just can't justify it.

8. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would bet less than that....just buy a beat Hydro WB mower with a sulky (or a Stander for that matter) and find an old Little Wonder or Billy Goat with a bad motor, take the deck of the mower, fab up a frame outta square tubing to hold the blower housing and weld the casters from the mower deck to the frame. Just have to figure out a way to run the blower off the mower PTO, but if you're handy enough you could easily do it.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that new one looks like a piece of crap, and at 5K it is still way too much to even consider

10. THEGOLDPRO

im not that motivated. but its a good idea.