Cheaper Rubber grommets for T-bars

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by topsites, Jun 14, 2006.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

There exist two rubber grommets on the T-bar, one on each side where the control rod connects, and they always wear out but they're nice to have when they work, it makes the control tight.

At the dealer, these stupid grommets cost just over a dollar each, and I go through anywhere from 6-12 of these a year, sometimes more, seems every time I turn around, another one needs replacing. Then, whenever I need some I have to make a special trip or call the dealer and half the time they have to order them and then it's hard to get them to order more than a dozen at a time, for one the price remains semi-prohibitive.

It is also possible other machines have grommets that wear out fast, anyway I found these Toro grommets at Mid-Atlantic rubber company. You have to order a minimum of 100 but the cost with shipping included is 43 dollars, so much cheaper than $1+ each.
    They also have Rubber Mounts, O-rings, rubber Seals, washers & Spacers, Rubber Plugs, Rubber Bushings, Lab Stoppers, Bumpers and Rubber Feet, 3M Bumpons, Rubber Tubing & Molded Hoses, Tarp Straps, Vacuum Products & Suction Cups, Rubber Gaskets, Rubber Tips & Caps, Rubber Extrusions.

For Toro's T-bar the Item Number: 2856-45009 Grommet
    They have an online catalog lets you select the part number, you'll need to measure one of your existing grommets.
    Accepts Visa and Mastercard. 1-800-466-1620