Cheaper supplies...................

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisioncut, Dec 30, 2003.

1. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

How do you all get them? I'm talking about planting supplies, mulch, rock, etc. I read a post that said some of ya was paying $18 cu. yard for it when I looked into it today it costs me $30.

I'm sure prices are different in each market but how can I get these cheaper rates so I can pull a better profit?

:help:

2. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

A lot of landscape suppliers offer discounts to landscapers. It's kinda nice, look into it.

3. precisioncut

So I just go in, introduce myself and my company and ask about certain discounts they may offer to landscapers/businesses?

4. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

yup. I'm a registerred wholesaler at my nursery. Just looked at some plants earlier this week. Home Depot was gonna charge one of my customers 84 bucks for some juniper, my cost was 37.50.

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

you may have to show a business card or something but that's all. be sure to let them know who you are before ordering or you may not get the discount. on some mulch i get $4-5 off a yard.

6. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

we get mulch for 10.00 cu/yd pretty cheap hear in Pa.

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

We have accounts with all of our vendors. Most of the time you are required to fill out an application, or proof of business with a Fed ID#. You will also get better discounts when buying in bulk. :cool:

8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

go in to a wholesaler or large volume distributor-introduce youself-give them a card and let them know that you mean business and continue to give them yours.

once you develope a personal, longlasting and trusting relationships; deals and good prices will just stat to appear.

my dad and his brothers are in a real estate developement co and rentals as well. we have one local hardware store that we have used for probably 10-15 years. EVERYTHING in the store or that he can order for us is ALWAYS 50% of the sticker price.

9. precisioncut

Well thanks guys, I will do ASAP so I can increase my profits alot!