Cheaper trailer, still good brand

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by AmericanLawn&Landscape, Jul 21, 2013.

1. AmericanLawn&Landscape

AmericanLawn&Landscape LawnSite Member

Does anyone know of a decent company, but the least expensive. I wanna buy a tandem 7x16 or !8. But the brand new one at my dealer is $3500

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Gatormade.

3. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Carry-On. PJ makes them

4. Oakleaf landscape

Oakleaf landscape LawnSite Senior Member

5. LewisLawn

LewisLawn LawnSite Senior Member

have top agree with both above posters I also have a kaufman that I started with only 5x10 single axle but use it now for landscape jobs so it is on the road one or two days a week for me... I also have a carry on that I bought used from a friend who drove it to WV from OH twice for hunting...I use it daily to haul a WB and a ZTR and push mower its 6.5 x 12 the only problem I have had is with the ramp wearing out with the weight of the ZTR the kaufman was 900$ and the carry on was 850 used retails for 1800 at Tractor Supply

6. Colaguy

Colaguy LawnSite Senior Member

Always good deals on craigslist. Check your area and surrounding areas on CL.

7. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Stay away from carry on. They are built weak. You can stand on the front corner of our 6X14 carry on and the entire trailer twists.

8. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Haha Mine is the same way. (5x8)

I would love to ride behind it one day to see what it looks like going down the road. Mustn't be TOO bad otherwise the people behind me wouldn't be driving so close.

;)

9. Porkins

Porkins LawnSite Senior Member

+1 for Gatormade. Steer clear of carry-on, loads of trouble.

10. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with this 100%. Got to be the worst brand out there. Unfortunately I got a Carry On trailer as well, glad it don't get used except for around the property now.