Cheapest 48-52 ZTR?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by matt1487, Feb 5, 2008.

1. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

Got a larger contract that I will need a bigger mower but the biggest i can fit in my trailer is probably a 52. What are the cheapest brands and prices if possible?

2. DavidR

DavidR LawnSite Member

If it is just for one job, look for a used machine.

3. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Was at Lowes over the weekend and they had a discontinued 50" Troybult ZT, 22HP Kohler engine reg. price 3000$, it was marked down to 1900$. You wanted the cheapest, there it is. Don't think it would hold up to commercial use. My neighbor wanted to go in half with me and buy it for our own yards, we each have about 2acres flat. It would be nice to sit down and mow my own yard after using a 36" WB to mow my customers yards.

4. Midstate Lawncare

Midstate Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

If it is just for a season, or just for 1 property the home cheapo will last. Don't expect the world if you buy an acre in the desert.

5. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Bad Boy is one of the lowest price Commercial units and are well built (5 guage steel electronic lift deck, Solid 7 guage frame, etc). A 48" to 52" runs between $5999 and $7295 depending on what motor you get. 23hp Vanguard, 30hp Kohler, or a 31hp Kawasaki. Their homeowner mower will be alot better than any other with a 26hp Briggs and a 50" deck it would run $4695. Has a 7 guage electronic lift deck etc.

6. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I'd go with the 50' cub before the troy built

7. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

I just got my grandparents a brand new 07 48" Toro Timecutter zero turn from Home Depot for $1799!!! They had it on sale for $2199, and I just asked the manager what it would take to load it up today. I didn't know stores like that would deal with you like a pawn shop!! It has a little 16hp kohler I believe, didn't pay to much attention, so not exactly sure. Just excited to get them something they could afford. I think the retail is $2999.00

8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at the Dixon RAM MAG 50" ZTR ... since it's the beginning of the season, you may be able to get it on sale, maybe around $ 4,700 !!

9. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

you got a good deal....

Yea I have been dealing with them and home depot for years.....

while building fences.... I never paid retail price....

Walk in and say I need 5000 pices of 4" fence slats... what can you do for me.

they JUMP...

GOOD LUCK

10. matt1487

matt1487 LawnSite Member

Im looking for a commercial grade. Like the Bad Boys but all the dealers are in small towns in Ga, none near me. Ive got more account I just got this one account that I have to have a zero. I'm looking in the $5000 range and I could get a smaller size if I have to. Any other brands? Thanks