1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest and most effective

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stressed, Jun 3, 2008.

1. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

insecticide to control surface insects?Anyone have any suggestions.As of now im gonna use permethrin granular in 25 lb bags that treat 10,000 in a permagreen.

2. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Sevin or Dylox works too.

3. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm a fan of bifenthrin. Permethrin let me down a couple times in a row, so I switched over. Plus, Bifenthrin has a cheaper cost per application rate. But that's for me - I don't have the buying power you do. payup

4. kappa915

kappa915 LawnSite Member

bifenthrin works great. At lesco its crosscheck or you can find it as Talstar One. This product is very broad spectrum and is what my local exterminator is using for my household pest control.

5. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

Same as above, Crosscheck 0-0-7 is like 9.00/bag this year
    THANK YOU CHINA!!!!!

6. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

9.00?How many pounds is that and who sells it...Lesco?

7. stressed

stressed LawnSite Member

ok where can i get it for 9 a bag? i just called 2 differtent lescos and one price was 65 a bag and the other was 13-14 a bag.:walking:

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Americanlawn has a lot of buying power. Purchasing by the truck load.

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Sevin SL or Talstar comes out pretty cheap per acre. Of course those should be applied through a boom. Talstar is about $70 per quart for me or $2.20 per 1000 sq ft, Sevin is $150 per 21/2 gallon or $1.88 at the surface insect rate, $2.40 if I am also going after grubs. I do not go cheap or do half A$$ed 10,000 sq ft in 1 minute applications. Surface insects here are chinch bugs, fall armyworm and sod webworm. I would hate to owe a client a new lawn because I failed to control an insect infestation. So it takes 3 gallons per M and 2 minutes per M, killing things the first time with no treatment failures.......priceless.

10. k911lowe

k911lowe LawnSite Senior Member

same for me.works like a charm.