Cheapest blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jul 15, 2006.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Where have you all found that has the cheapest blades online...

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

J-Thomas. After the paint wore off a few had Oregon stamped on them. I have found the OEM Exmark blades to be soft. Only blades I've ever bent.

3. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Looking for the cheapest blades? My dealer has then cheaper than I have found them anywhere online. I can but blades for my scag at $6.18/each. These are not oem, but they seem to hold a good edge. Not often can you get a whole set of blades for less than $20.

4. ToroLandscaper

GAH i paid like 50 bucks for a set blade yesterday..how ridiculous is that..but i believe in dealer support

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Landscaper Pro Or J-thomas.

6. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

J-Thomas.

Scag 61"

$7.70 for standard
    $9.18 for Hi Lift
    $9.01 for mulch

Ordered 10 of each. They shipped those and some other things for $8.50 and no tax. Those boxes were heavy! Ordered on a Saturday night and they were in my paws Wednesday morning. Excellent service and price!

A

7. ToroLandscaper

10 why ten? that 3 sets of blades with 1 odd one?

8. ProLawns

ProLawns LawnSite Senior Member

Mowmore.com Blades for my Toro Z were $7.25. The shipping is the same regardless of how many blades you order.

9. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Yep. 3 sets and a spare. I've bent blades before, and I doubt I'll go the life of this machine and not bend another one. :laugh: You know, there's those rocks and stumps with legs that come out of nowhere when they see you approaching...

I might as well get them now as opposed to later. No extra shipping, and they sure won't get any cheaper. If I lose one blade, I lost the set if I only ordered 9.

A

10. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Not sure why everybody here emphasizes the "no tax" thing like it they are getting away with something. If you are a legitimate operating business, you are correct, J-Thomas does not have to collect sales tax from you if they do not have a business point of presence in your state. However, as a legitimate business, you are required to report USE tax on any item that you do not pay tax on when it is purchased.

Of course.. it could be the "legitimate" portion of my statement that some of you do not claim to.