Cheapest commercial zero turn mowers to buy.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A1Lawns, May 11, 2009.

1. A1Lawns

A1Lawns LawnSite Member

On account of price only...

Thanks

2. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

I am a big fan of Bob-cat mowers. They have a great price point for the value you get.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Check out the low end Dixie Choppers.

4. Pitbullawns

Pitbullawns LawnSite Member

I think the Bad Boy that Tractor Supply sells is a hell of a deal. $4,995. 60 inch deck and looks like a tank.

5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You best bet would be CALL THE LOCAL DEALERS if you want a price on a product.

6. CTmower

CTmower LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

What size are we talking about???
    My first commercial mower was a generic walkbehind and if i remember correctly the company was called "Big Mow". It was a 48" deck with a 15 HP Kohler engine and it cost $1,000 brand new!!!

7. CBJ

CBJ LawnSite Member

I got the Bad Boy 6000 ZT. It is a tank. Love everything about it so far except it has no foot assist pedal to raise the deck. That's a big downside, I'm on their case about making one available for the ZT models. With that said, it's the best purchase on a machine I've ever made. Paid 5K for it.

If you have 2+ acre fairly level accounts to do, you might want something that goes faster. Mine does about 8 mph. I hardly ever mow that fast but if mowing is all you do you might want a faster machine. Mowing is only about half of what I do income wise.... It gets me on the property, and I sell other home services once I'm in there... Those jobs pay 5 to 10 times what I make mowing the grass.

That said, Bad Boy makes mowers that do 14 mph. To me that's amazing. I'd feel compelled to wear a helmet and safety harness if I went that fast on a mower:laugh:.

Have a look at one in any case, if you like well built machines you'll enjoy looking the BB over even if you don't buy.