Cheapest LCOs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SellOut, Aug 18, 2005.

1. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

What's the cheapest you've heard of somebody cutting lawns for?

I saw an ad in the paper today that said "$#@ lawn care: 7.50 a week for all lawns under an acre!"

i laughed and then got mad :realmad:

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

he can come do my lawn for that 3/4 acre, ill sit on the porch and drink beer.... and snicker

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

It's a sucker ad. It isn't possible for anyone even with a 21" push and just looking for soda pop money to do an acre for $7.50.
    There's some fine print somewhere.............

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

He must subscribe to the theory of, "I'm losing money on every lawn, but I'm making it up in volume!"

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Cheapest I've seen was someone running a newspaper ad for "ANY SIZE LAWN- $14.95" Don't know what ever became of him...

6. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

I'd be happy to let him make it up in volume. He can cut all my yards and my crew leaders can sit in truck and make sure it's done correctly.

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I could guess that he went under, fast!

8. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

Is this what it's come too? :rolleyes:

I wonder how many calls he is really going to get.

I'm sure he went out of business. Hopefully. Any size? How can you ever say that?

Do you guys think these scrubs get a lot of business?

9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Condo complex, 300 sq ft front and 2500 sg ft back. Six condo's in a row, the back is easy cuz there is no fences, bushes, etc, just a few trees to go around. We bid it ever year but the same guy gets it. It takes him roughly 2.5 - 3 hours bag's everything and mows like crap - at least it looks terrible. $30.00, yes, $5.00 / condo x's 6 = $30.00. It is people like him that I compete with on a business level of pricing. STUPID!

One other in our area, beleives in charging an hourly rate of $15.00 / hour. He will sit on that yard for the entire hour to make his $15.00. Where as I am in and out in 15 minutes for that price. But people, older people, think they are getting more bank for the buck with this guy and he probably has around 30 yards. Troy built 30" WB mulcher, JD 525 with bagger, 2 wheel trailer, craftsman blower and trimmer. That is his equipment list. real WINNER!

10. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

That's not even minimum wage. Tell him, "you'd make more money working at McDonalds."

What a idiot. He can have it. The money you lose in the deal, is far worth the laughter.