1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest place to find no-spill gas cans

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Johnson LCO, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I need a couple new gas cans and decided to get the no spill gas cans because DE is carb compliant (cough of disgust). Anyway I think the best is the kind at www.nospill.com but they dont sell them direct. The price for them at my dealer is ridiculous. How do they expect me to pay like $75 for plastic 5 gal and 2.5 gal cans? Anyone know of any wholesale sites or anyplace the sells them cheap? The cheapest I can find is $35 for a 5 gal and $20 for the 2.5 gal. Maybe I am just cheap but the prices seem really high. Thanks
  2. Jay Ray

Jay Ray LawnSite Fanatic

We don't have any regs like that down here, but I just don't like to spill expensive gas and it usually happens when filling the 21.

I got a Hopkins on/off gas spout, and put it on a $5.44 can. It has a twist on/off valve built in and works good, about $8 or $10. Don't know if it would get you past the regs, but it works good.