1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest Small Trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by recycledsole, Aug 16, 2012.

1. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

Hey guys,
    im wondering what is the cheapest small trailer?
    thanks

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Well if that is what you want go to lowes and get a carry-on they seem to be the lowest bidder now maybe a 4x6 so that you will look real professional. As sarcasm aside don't look for the cheapest, look for the best bang for the buck, and that may be a used one off CL.

3. ecurbthims

ecurbthims LawnSite Senior Member

harbour freight ?

4. 5oon3r_L33t

5oon3r_L33t LawnSite Member

I bought a Big Tex LS 30 this year for 2K. Now I've got people flagging me down all the time asking me if I can mow their yards. I didn't get it for the advertising but looking professional pulls in the business. I actually had a guy follow me to a job pull up behind me and knocked on my window before I got out of truck. Scared me to death but now he's one of my best clients.

5. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

You ever hear of "You get what you pay for?!?!?"

When it really comes down to it, I prefer having a Nice "American made" Pickup truck and a Enclosed trailer thaat is Professionally Lettered etc.. Compared to some of my competition with a Rumbly pickup and a 4' trailer with a Walk Behind on it. Cutting for $14

Not saying you will be like that. Just saying Dont skimp out. IT will jus hurt you or SOMEONE else in the long run. (If this was 3 years ago i would also say Professional Look is everything...But its really not like that too much anymore. Now customers just want the cheapest cut. Which is really sad!