cheapest trailers anywhere

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jslawncare, Mar 2, 2003.

1. jslawncare

jslawncare LawnSite Member

Where can I get the cheapest trailers? I found a place in flordia with trailers 5x10 w/o gate for 499, thats the cheapest Ive found for a trailer like that? anyone know any dealers with sites online that are cheaper?
  2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not sure where you can find the cheapest trailer...but how come you're looking for the cheapest one around?? Just wondering...
  3. jslawncare

Because to me a trailer is a trailer...
  4. worthbrown

worthbrown LawnSite Member

You can get a 6 x 12 trailer with gate for $570 at L and D Trailers in Sikeston, Mo. I think the gate is about $150, so if you don't need it, subtract $150. A 6 x 10 is $550, so the extra 2 feet for $20 seems to be worth it to me. I have not priced 5' trailers, but I am about 3 hours from Sikeston, and it will be worth the drive, the same trailers are about $200 more around me.
  5. jslawncare

they got a website?
  6. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Because to me a trailer is a trailer...
    They are like lawncare sometimes you get what you pay for. Even for a cheap trailer that you are only going to use once in awhile should be built strong enough. The cheap ones at HD and Walmart are thin wall and definately won't last a season with commercial use. Get one at a real manufacturer and it will hold it's value for a couple of years. I build all my own trailers and have made the cheapest materials mistake a couple of times. When you are driving down the road and a cheap bearing or tire goes it's a pain.
  7. gslam88

gslam88 LawnSite Member

Inexpensive trailer found in a lot of places, but don't you think from Florida or say some where else some one will charge you to deliver the trailer... so if you only spend $450 on the trailer and then $150 on the delivery when you can get a trailer locally for $525 you have saved money?

Just a thought

8. jslawncare

I'm not in the business for the long haul. Something that will last maybe 2 years and some medium use. I have different priorities than most of you guys on here, and it basically seems like every time I make a post, I get slammed for them...lay off guys:(
  9. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I don't think they slammed you, just offering honest advice. You get what you pay for, it applies to pretty much everything. Spend the money for good quality and then sell it in a couple of years. It will be cheaper for you in the long run, there is always some one looking for a good trailer for ATV's, lawn equipment etc.
  10. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Choo choo trailer - 5x12 drop tailgate,mesh floor,15"tires,625.00 --6.5x16,2 3500lb axles,drop tailgate,wood floor,885.00,brakes add about 125.00.---423-842-5060.;)