Cheapest Trimmers,blowers,and edgers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by next12mj, Jul 21, 2007.

1. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

hew sales the cheapest but realiable at the same time in the area of trimmers,blowers, and edgers

I was looking at stihl but there prices are very high

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

You get what you pay for. If just starting out, maybe try Echo. They are still pretty good quality, but not as expensive as Redmax or Stihl.

3. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

I will continue to use Echo until I find something wrong with them. I have the SRM-2400 weed-eater, and has lasted me about 4 years without any major headaches. You sure don't want to go to Wal-Mart and buy equipment. I read a thread earlier about that. There are certain grades of Echo equipment, as with everything else, and the more expensive that equipment is, the better it will be.

4. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Cheap. what do you mean by cheap?

Cheap and reliable usually don't go together well when you're talking green industry equipment.

5. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

i meant beacuse my budget is going to be pretty tight....

the product that has good quality but still is within my price range 100-200

6. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Echo stuff would fall into that category. I'd spend an extra 50 or so dollars to get a shindaiwa T231, or i guess it's been replaced by the 242 now, but I at my dealer i'm only lookin at 250-270 for that trimmer, not as light as the redmax or the echo, but about 100 bucks cheaper than red max and a lot more power the the old srm 230 echo i had. Shindaiwa has a pretty good hand held blower that my dealer has marked at $199, a buddy of mine just bought one and he loves it. good luck.

7. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

nothing commercial that can last me untill i have money to upgrade in the
    100-200 dollar range

8. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

thats true, you do get what you pay for and your goiing to have to pay around 350$ for a nice trimmer, 200 for a blower, and like 350 for an edger. so dont get the edger. its just another necesity. seriously. that 350 could go toward the mower. if you want a ztr...............

9. next12mj

next12mj LawnSite Member

i was thinking a edger would cost me around 200

10. gavin478

gavin478 LawnSite Member

I would highly recommend the stihl FS-55, at $200, it's the top of the line homeowner trimmer and should serve you well for a while. It's what I started out with before upgrading to the always reliable FS-90