Cheapest ZTR????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slapshotmike24, Jul 13, 2004.

1. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 LawnSite Member

I was wondering what you guys think is the cheapest ztr that is still going to be reliable. I have found the need to get one and I wanted your advice on it.

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The words cheap and reliable don't often go together when you're talking about ZTRs. If I were you I'd stick to one of the brand name ZTRs. Toro, Exmark, Hustler and Dixie Chopper are good mowers. Look around locally and see what's available. See if you can demo some different mowers.

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

BAD BOY mower Qualty and price is right.

4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know how cheap you want to go, but I use Lesco mowers and they're great!

www.lesco.com

Think you can get a 48" Z-Two 19hp Kawi for around $5795

5. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

I wouldnt say Bad Boy is "CHEAP". They are just priced considerably lower than others, but the quality of product is excellent. If you have a dealer close by, give one a try. I believe you will be pleasantly surprised.

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I use cub tanks, same as lesco, can't go wrong. They use the same motors/hyd motors/pumps as others, matter of fact some others use pumps on their machines which are manufactured by the same company that builds the lesco/cub/mtd mowers. The $ you save will make it possible to buy alot of trimmers/blowers.:)

wall of cubs 006.jpg