Cheat Grass Weed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jad004, May 24, 2013.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Yes the weather has been a factor. I haven't been applying that long but I realize I would rather have the last 3 drought years than the wet ones. Most of my customers have irrigation BTW.

I guess this cheat is something that not many have to deal with. But I have noticed it growing in wild areas since coming across it on one of my properties.

Last edited: May 25, 2013
  2. SOONER GREEN

SOONER GREEN LawnSite Member

yes it does look like cheat. I think the best control as a post is Certainty. Celcius will also work but may take 2 apps. And of course there is no Celsius. Monument will also work. Your treating bermuda im assuming. 2 qts per acre Princep in the fall and 1 qt per acre in the spring will usually toast any annual coolseason grass. However that grass will soon be gone (if it ever gets hot) because we are at the end of its seasonal life cycle.

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Looks like Rescuegrass to me.
    It is our number one cool season enemy around here in lawns. We did make 38 rolls of hay from it out of the pasture though.
    Posted via Mobile Device