check deck height!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whtrash73, Sep 4, 2006.

1. whtrash73

whtrash73 LawnSite Member

finished my biggest yard and account today.when i loaded up the trailer and stood up and looked down at the yard there it was a striped up un-even cut.could not see it at groung level.customer asked if i hit something in his yard i said looked that way.anyway checked my deck later it was 1 inch to high on one side! lesson learned i will check my deck more often.guess my old 51 year old crispy mind aint as sharp as it was...:hammerhead:
  2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

uh, what exactly were you using?
  3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

good question....:confused:
  4. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

You know, its kind of hard to say for sure but if I had to take a wild guess, I would say it was probably a lawn mower.:waving:
  5. whtrash73

a hand held sling-blade one of my arms is longer than the other.

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

So did you fix the problem with the deck??? An inch is quite a difference.
  7. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i can't believe you didn't notice it when you were cutting. 1/4" i can see you overlooking but 1"?
  8. whtrash73

well thats what happens when you take things for granted.crank mower engage blades and mow and blow.of course its cuts right after correct adjustment! that the point i was trying to make...i will check EVERTHING EACH DAY ON MY DARN MOWER!! this crap could cost me a customer! good luck to all
  9. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I remember if I hit a bump with my toro 21 the height adjustment would lower itself a notch. The adjustments were worn out.
  10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

same way with a lawnboy i have.