check it out

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by CHARLES CUE, Feb 19, 2008.

1. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

This could replace afoam marker system on my quest of a air gap i went here to look and this was on the front page. Try ed to call to price it but it was to late sounds good it says simple that means i could use it and it says affordable that means i might be able to buy it.I know they make other ones but not affordable wonder how good it is www.sprayers.com/cruizer.htm
    Charles Cue

2. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

This thing will work awesome on a tractor, but sure about a ride on.

This is exactly like the unit I use on my big sprayer. This unit is made by Raven as I use a Trimble unit which is also Ag Leader.

This units accurecy is only within 1-3 ft unless you go with a more expensive antenna then it will get you within 6-12". Very good unit with a big boom, but not so good on a smaller boom without RTK (which is VERY expensive) which will get you within inches. But you can also "cheat" on your boom width to fix it also.

I was actually looking at trying to put a lightbar on my PG a few weeks ago it was going to be too bulky as you have to use the unit you see plus have a pretty good sized antenna. You also have to have a power source (such as a battery) so it just wouldn't work!

You will be looking at about $1500 for the light bar and another $2-300 for the upgrade on the antenna.

If you are going to get one, and can't get that price.....let me know. I have a friend that is a dealer and I get them right above wholesale.

That is why I decided to just go with the Garmin at this time (which has everything but the lightbar).

3. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

I love gadgets but looking at a small gps screen and looking where you are going on a tight yard can't be easy. I know just glancing at the speedo on my rig is a distraction. A simple foam marker can be built for about $50 with parts from your local hardware store, and foam is accurate to within the width of the foam ball :)

Scott

4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

It is very easy to follow actually, but you have to put it where you don't look away. You want it in your "path of looking" so you can keep the corner of you eyes on it. You more less just use your preferral vision (spelling???).

There is little light bar at the top and the little "tv" on the bottom is awesome.

5. Leaf Jockey

Leaf Jockey LawnSite Senior Member

what is the size of the viewing screen?

Scott

6. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

dont know maybe rereech can tell us i just seen it an the web site
    Charles Cue

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Depends on what model you get!

If you are looking at the Ag Leader unit (Trimble) there is a 250 and a 500.

The 250 is what I would recommend and without measuring you would be looking at about a 3-4" screen and probably about 8x10 for the overall unit. The 250 is a little smaller then the 500.

Then you also have the antenna that you would want to mount to the hood or your tractor (or in the center of whatever you are applying with). It is slightly smaller then the diameter of a coffee can and stands about 3" tall.

I wish they would come out with a smaller unit that was solar powered.

But that will never happen as...the bigger the better for the ag side, but for us it would be the opposite of course (due to being so bulky on our little equipment).