Check It Out!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Apr 22, 2002.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

How's this grab ya? Homemade "Flex-Deck" (ok i'm not calling it that but it's like that)
    It does not flex up and down, I did not want it to. If it goes over a bump, the whole deck goes over it. This is a 20" Crapsman push mower deck cut down and modified to mount on my 1989 Toro 8-32 rider (32" single blade) since the rider was a single blade, it was hard to get the belt through the deck lift frame and all to get it up to the spindle on the main deck. So if I did make it to flex up and down, the belt would get screwed up, but it works great like this! I still have to put a swivel wheel on front, but I have the full length roller on back, to stripe, but it needs alittle work cause it isn't making a good enough "impression" on the grass to stripe. I got a full roller on the main deck. This makes it about 50" overall cut. I really like it! I got plenty of power for it even with only a 8hp B&S engine. It's great! I'll post action shots later.
    Eric

PS, i'm also working on a homemade walk behind right now, 30" single blade. Will send pics when done with it.

deckext5.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

deckext6.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

deckext3.jpg

4. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

deckext4.jpg

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

very nice, how long did it take you to make it? hows the walkbehind going?

6. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Not going to win a beauty contest, but looks like you did a good mechanical job on it.

7. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome. Nice work.

I don't understand however why you have your riding mower attached to the front of your boat. Do you mow around the lake at a state park or something? If so, you are the KING of effiency.

8. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, man. I just came from the tractor forum for the first time. Saw some of your other handy work. Where do you find time to do all this stuff? I'm impressed, bro.