Check my site out please

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Farbio, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

Web guy says he is finished. I want to get some opinions before I give him final payment. Give me the good and bad. Thanks

http://www.spokanegreenscape.com

2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks sharp...they did a good job!

3. lawnjox

lawnjox LawnSite Member

looks great

4. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Looks very professional. I like how your not afraid to show your customers prices of what things start at.

5. albhb3

albhb3 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the snow flakes on the snow and ice removal page

6. TJLANDS

TJLANDS LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice site, for me its a little 'busy" buts thats just me.

Expensive?

7. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, I must say that a well developed site is refreshing. Did you build that in Joomla?

8. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input guys. After working with the guy who built the website I was very impressed with his knowledge and affordable price. I paid $750 for everything and I get free hosting for a year. The funny thing is I found the guy on craigslist:laugh:

9. WebMan

WebMan LawnSite Member
    from D/FW TX

Not bad for $499 w/ a year's hosting IF the hosting is good. SEO was "basic" at best.
    He did use a free "do it yourself' program but if you don't know how to do it yourself it's well worth paying someone. Did he include teaching you how to make changes & maintain it from now on?
    I have a hosting customer who had a similar site done with the same program, he had no time to learn to build it so he hired a pro and now he can just change it or tinker with it whenever he wants. His deal included "training" on how to modify text & pages & stuff after the original was done.
    With that common CMS program it's pretty easy.

I would suggest moving to a regular host next year when your contract is up. He has a reseller account with another company and it's just always better to deal straight with the people who have the servers.
    Let us know what he charges for hosting...I would bet that's where he makes his real income -- from reseller accounts ( a reseller sets up with an actual host for anywhere from $15 to $30 per month-then sells as much hosting to others as he can fit on his "plan") So if he has 20 people paying $10 he makes $170-$185 w/no overhead if he has 30 or 40 --well you can do the math; but the servers are usually over-crowded & support is 2nd hand, the reseller company he uses is one known for "crowded" servers)

10. Farbio

Farbio LawnSite Member

Yes, I did hire due to not having time or the knowledge to build my own website.

The guy did give me some free training on how to change things on the website. He also seems very accessible for answering any questions. I can send him an email and always get a answer to my question within a day.

Can you enlighten me on why it matters who hosts my website? Why would I need any customer service from them? I am ignorant on this subject so bear with me. Thanks for the info.