Check out my doorhanger!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Johnson LCO, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I just got the proofs for my doorhanger. Thinking of getting 10,000 printed. Any ideas for changes. Criticism is welcome. I blacked out my name and number for obvious reasons.

Attached Files:

2. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

I think they look good only thing i would change is under your list of services change "lawn cutting" to Weekly turf maintenance, or something a little more professional. other then that i think they look great. how much are you paying for those? if you dont mind me asking. i ordered mine today also.

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

How will you be delivering 10000 doorhangers?

4. Johnson LCO

For design, printing, and delivery, 10,000 comes out to $900. I was thinking that "lawn cutting" sounded bad but could not think of the alternative. I will change that. I am paying some friends $8 an hour to pass them out in select neighborhoods. I am only planning on handing out between 6-8K for now. I will save the rest for later. I thought $900 sounded a little high, but they are very high quality.

5. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Don't order soo many. I did the same thing, I paid my friends $8 an hour to pass them out except I ordered 5,000 of them. Once they realized how much walking it was they said they didn't want to do it anymore and I had to find out how to get the rest of them out. This year I'm not dealing with that headache and i'm doing direct mail.

6. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

This is only my second year and ill just say that doorhanger are they way to go. i passed out thirty in one subdivision last year to get a test responce. i got 10 calls landed 8 jobs. But i put my priceing right on it and seemed to work great.

7. Johnson LCO

Alarsh that is funny. The price is like 150$ more compared to 5,000 so I will just keep them for next year if I have to. I walk my siberian husky like 5 times a day and will just drive to neigborhoods and distribute. My partner is also going to deliver them too. Not really worried about distribution. I think put them out three times to each neighborhood. I am just worried that I wasted $900 and wont get any response.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow. those are nice. i DO agree about changing the "lawn cuttin" thing, though. It appears there is enough room for Professional Mowing. May I ask where you got those?

9. Johnson LCO

I am getting them from www.plan-itgraphics.com. The guy who runs it is awesome, he works quickly and does good work. His prices are very competitive too.

10. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

you made a good decision. the $900 will be a drop in the bucket when it is all said and done. Be prepared for at least 100 customers, if your timing is right.

It is going to be a beast to get them all out. I'm working on 10,000 of my own. Be glad that you have help, because I'm doing them myself, and it is really, really difficult to get motivated to do 3 or 4 days in a row of 8 hours of walking. I have been trying to do 1 day of door hangers next day of spraying or something else.

good luck. Your design looks good. I would change the "cutting" as well. What's wrong with just, "mowing" I got door hangers from Bob two years ago, and I'm still using the design becasue they work really well.