1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

check out my flyer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigcountry01, Feb 6, 2007.

1. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

just wanted to see what you guys think about my flyer before i start passing them out. i was gonna go with postcards but im tight on money so im gonna print off 3 thousand of these or so and pass them out on my own time. I know $30 is chep for a mow but that is a rare case. i only have two accounts that are that cheap. very small yards. so no...im not a lowballer:usflag: thanks for any advice.

Attached Files:

2. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I do the same thing on my flyers (Prices starting at $25). I have very few lawns that are $25, only a few that I could not bring myself to charge any more. I usually use size, extra trimming, ect as an excuse to raise the price during the estimate.
  3. bigcountry01

come on guys....:waving: does it look good? need any changes?
  4. bigcountry01

dang come on ya'll....dont be so shy
  5. Pepler's Lawncare

Pepler's Lawncare LawnSite Member

needs some color something to catch the reader....its very plain...i relize that black and white copies are cheaper...but color does catch the eyes
  6. bigcountry01

no color isnt gonna be an option for me. seems like a waste of money when almost all of them are gonna be in the trash anyway. plus i really cant afford to spend that much on printing. i would love to be able to do color, just not right now though
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You have done it all in one color, and it is still very effective. The money saved in and of itself is worth it for that. Sure, you have some offset shadowing, but it is in greyscale, so it's all the same. You have a minimum price, and that works...just look at it as a lure.
  8. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

That is a fatal mistake most businesses take with regard to advertising.
  9. bigcountry01

ok well regardless it doesnt really matter because i dont have the money in my budget for it. other than no color see anything that should be changed or added?
  10. Lawn Simplicity LLC

Lawn Simplicity LLC LawnSite Member

You have it done as a Word Document. Throw in a little color.