Check out my flyer

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawndreamer, Jun 24, 2003.

1. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

On the bright side, without a company name on the flyer, you don't have to worry too much about getting a bad name for yourself with those flyers.

2. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

I stated friend threw it together (I had no say in the content, but chose to use it) and doesn't realy want to edit it. I needed something fast he gave it to me, so I used it.

Ok, You need to ask yourself what kind of businessman am I that has no say in the content of THE main advertising for your business? I have been constantly redoing mine and still don't think it's finished. It's YOUR business so if a friend (although w/ good intentions) wants to really help you this person would be willing to make any changes you need. My suggestion would be to do a search on flyers here and figure out what you really want it to say before giving it to someone to make up. I do really like the eye catching graphics however!

3. lawndreamer

lawndreamer LawnSite Member

I just mentioned to him that I was wanting to get a flyer printed, he is a (graphics designer). He chose without my knowledge to throw it together and sort of surprised me with it. I asked him about the content, and he said he couldn;t think of nothing else. I may ask him to edit it, or just Do one my self. Thanks for all the criticism I believe it is constructive.

4. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

My bad, that makes a lot more sense. Sorry.

5. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Soooo LawnDreamer,,,,

Since those 5 didn't fly too well, what are 5 legitimate reasons why someone should hire you?

How about "I mow better than I spell"?
    :D ;) :p

Before sending out printed material ALWAYS use a GOOD proofreader. Maybe someone who went to school in Indiana instead of Kentucky... :D
    I have lots of K'tucky jokes.

6. lawndreamer

lawndreamer LawnSite Member

You see those Indiana folks just stare over the river like the hebrews, just wishing they could get into the promise land!

I created a new flyer but I can't upload it cause it is a .pub file anyone know a way around that? So that I can post my new one?

7. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

??? I'm not so sure about the World history books y'all use there, but modern history books now go beyond Exodus... ;)

And the KY ed system is evidenced by creating an ad in MSPublisher (I am guilty of that too though). But then I take it to the printer and they convert it to their format anyway.

Print it and scan it.
    Convert to pdf

If no luck-- you can e-mail it to me, I can convert into a pdf and e-mail back to you. And I would promise not to edit/change it first. :p

8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

When you have a .pub document open, click 'file' then 'save as', then save it as a .jpeg or .bmp, that document can then be used elsewhere.
    Depending on size of document and/or graphic ability of computer system, it may come out a little fuzzy on the screen.