Check out my New Log Splitter!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Oct 2, 2004.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Just picked up this new baby at the home depot.. It is 26 tons, with a 5.5 Hp Honda Engine..

Picture 1507.JPG

Picture 1508.JPG

Picture 1509.JPG

2. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

OK...it's a log splitter. Not to burst your bubble BUT, who hasn't seen a log splitter before?

barringtonbrothers likes this.
  3. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Looks nice. You can kiss those fenders (and pobably hydraulic filter?? ) goodbye. What happens is if you have a larger log on top splitting, 1/2 will fall to the side and hit whatever is there. I found this out while renting and this design element was important to me when buying. Good luck.

4. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

ok. it's a log splitter. I don't need or have one but I do like toys. so give us some details. is it to be used for home use? how long a log will it stroke? and......please tell us the ram thing pivots up and down when it operates instead of being stationary in the horizontal position.

GEO :confused:

5. Petr51488

from NJ

Jezz... people in here have some attitude problems.. all i wanted to do is show the log splitter that i bought.. yes, i know, its only a log splitter.... but i just wanted to show everyone.. you don't have to get all nasty about it... yes, its horizontal and vertical.. thanks for those who did reply..

Acute Cut likes this.
  6. Petr51488

from NJ

Not to burst anyone elses, but who hasn't seen a new lawnmower before? Why even show a picture on lawnsite about it?

dvmcmrhp52 and geogunn like this.
  7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

good come back. you get a point.

GEO :)

8. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

petr,

Just a thing you might want to think about. I buy alot of my firewood from homeowners who are moving. I sell about 80 face cords (8'x4'16") a year. I got 7 face cords for $100 from one of my mowing customers who just moved and wasn't going to take it with her. I'm selling them for $70-90 per cord delivered. Also, I follow a tree company and pickup the good stuff (they have gov't contracts and only take away what they can run through the chipper).. I don't know how you get your firewood, but those have been the two easiest ways for me. Also, a dump trailer will save you a ton of time unloading. If you can get a loader, that will save a ton of time loading.. It all comes down to effiency, cause the prices are usually the same with all firewood retailers in an area. payup

9. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Petr51488: "Jezz... people in here have some attitude problems.. all i wanted to do is show the log splitter that i bought.. yes, i know, its only a log splitter.... but i just wanted to show everyone.. you don't have to get all nasty about it... yes, its horizontal and vertical.. thanks for those who did reply.."

Glad you said something Pert51488. The replies you guys gave stunk. I wanted to see a log splitter. That is WHY I CHOSE to come in here and SEE A LOG SPLITTER! :angry: :realmad: :angry: :realmad:

Petr51488:
    Looks cool to me. That one looks schnazzy! How big of a log do you think it will handle? How much it cost ya? What type of safety features are on it to keep you fingers safe? Congrats man! :p :)

10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Petr- I like the machine. I've been seriously considering one lately. I borrowed a very similar machine last fall, and what KenH said is true, the fenders did take a beating after the log was split and fell to the sides. Maybe you can fabricate some type of tray to catch the split pieces. This would also keep you from having to bend over and pick up the pieces off the ground. Log splitters are sweet machines, but using one all day is tiring! Good luck, now go make some money!