Check out my new Snapper Pro SW20!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by STL Cuts, Jun 30, 2010.

1. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm actually picking it up in the morning :laugh:

I'll try to get some pics of it before I get it too dirty tomorrow.

:drinkup:

2. STL Cuts

Here is some pics of the Snapper. I gave her a nice bath tonight after a long day mowing.

One thing that I noticed when I demoed it was the sharp corners where the grass flies out (see the second picture). If you are mowing on uneven terrain, or make a sharp turn the sharp edges tear/scalp into the grass.

Any ideas on how to fix this situation? A friend of mine suggested welding a little bar from one of the sharp corners across to the other side this way it would slide into the grass instead of dig into it. I think it might be easier to maybe round off the sharp edges.

Another thing I wish it had was 4 anti scalping wheels instead of the 2. I haven't really noticed it to make much of a difference, but hell it would be nice to have 4 lol. It seems to be pretty common though as Ferris even only has the 2 though.

Overall though, I am extremely pleased thus far with the mower. It leaves a really nice cut, handles well (particularly hills with ease), and is definitely a saver for the pocket book with it being $2,000 less than a comparable Ferris.

Where are the other Snapper Pro owners? :drinkup:

100_0390.jpg

100_0388.jpg

3. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

That thing is sweet. How much was it?

4. STL Cuts

I paid $4100 for the mower (paying for it in cash saved me $100) + tax.

I also picked up a new X2 Velke, but as you can see it is NOT in the pictures b/c the locking pin/bolt that goes through the velke was not in the dang box :hammerhead:

I opted not to get the Grass Gobbler (those things weigh a ton) and I have heard the cloth bag is sheeeeiiit so I'm thinking about getting an Accelerator.

5. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Very nice man..congarts.

6. CandC Lawn Care

CandC Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Hey man sweet machine. I have a sw 20 36" and s150x 48" ztr. I love the snappers they run great. But I use to have the same problem until I figured out the machine a little better. I learned to mash down on the handles when turning sharp on un even ground to lighten the front a little so it floats across but you will just have to keep playing with it and see what helps and let me know because im fixing to buy one just like yours and so is my friend. so let us know what you find out.

7. grizzlylandscaper

grizzlylandscaper LawnSite Member
    from GA

good choice, my dad use to build the old snapper pros
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

Did you get your pin for the Velke yet? If so how does it pull? Looking to buy a new walk behind. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  9. TurboPirate

TurboPirate LawnSite Member

That is a fine piece of work........................................

10. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a sw20 36" I'm very pleased with it.