Check out my Sulke bracket for the Q36!

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by zz4guy, Oct 27, 2007.

1. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

I already have a velke and didn't want to spend $300 on a new step saver attachment. Now I just need to find a quick way to attach/detach the velke to either my Quick 36 or the Scag 52". Maybe a hitch pin or something.

The outside pieces are 2" x 6" x 1/4" mild steal. And the back piece is an angle bracket 1.5" wide, 3/16" thick, 15" long.

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good [​IMG] but, I believe I'd grind that top right weld off and give it another shot. [​IMG]

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Lol I'll be danged they would have to put something there so you can't simply drill the holes, Toro ALMOST did it too.

As for the stupid pin you can get from the dealer or J-Thomas like 8-10 bucks, what I did instead is I bought a long bolt from Home Depot like yours but longer so I could grind the threaded part off so then it was like a nice smooth pin... Then I put it in a vise and carefully drilled a small hole through the end of it, now I use that and a hairclip pin and voila.

The hole drilling part is a bit of a pita, still not sure if it's worth saving 7-8 bucks, but it does work good.
    Have to do a little measuring to make sure you're about right on the size (length and diameter, both are very important).
    You might can find a clevis pin as well, just not sure if they make them that length (the diameter I'm sure they do).