Check out my website

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by LushGreenLawn, Nov 30, 2008.

1. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Hey guys,

Please take some time to check out my website. I made it from a basic template, so its kind of plain. When I have the time and money (and if the site proves to provide leads), I will have a site designed by a professional.

Also, because I don't have any pictures of houses that I mow (never bothered to take any pics) I used some pictures that are public domain. I understand that sometimes pictures from other company's get mis-labeled as public domain, so if you see a picture that is yours, let me know, I will replace it. (There are only 4 pictures) I will post my own pictures in the spring when everything is looking good again.

The site is at www.lushgreenlawn2.com, and will be moved to www.lushgreenlawn.com once the domain is transferred to where it is supposed to be.

Any comments, good or bad, are appreciated.

2. Right Touch

Right Touch LawnSite Senior Member

great start looks professional, neat and clean.

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

The site looks awesome. I think everything looks very professional. The only thing that caught my eye was on the contact us page. Is that your home address? Might I suggest a P.O. Box? I just don't feel totally comfortable giving out my home address to customers or putting it on the internet. I'm not bashing, just my thoughts.

4. LushGreenLawn

Hey, this is one thread where bashing would be appreciated. That is something that I may change. I worry about having my home address on there also. I get all my mail and invoices at that address, because I am always working when the post office is open. (I even print my own stamps to avoid having to go to the post office). But I guess having it online is not such a good idea. Hmm, mabye I should take it off my business cards also.

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I know my post office, the p.o. boxes are seperate from the rest of the post office, so you can get in there in off hours. Hope this helps. The rest of the site looks great, though.

6. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

In the testimonials, at the end of Ryan L. it says. They just a good job. I think you may want to fix the wording there.

and Jimmy P. says then I was with (edited), I think it should say "when" I was with ( edited).

7. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

Oh, other then that I think it looks great.

8. scagdude

scagdude LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

great website looks very professional

9. LushGreenLawn

Thanks for pointing that out. I mis-typed from their notes.

10. LushGreenLawn

I should have thought of that! Thinking back, the rare times that I have been in the post office, mine is set up the same way. I remember now, waiting for them to open, people were coming in to get mail from their P.O. boxes. I guess I'm not in there that often so I forgot. That is something I will definatly look into.