1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

check out my winter rig for this year!!!!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by KCfireman, Nov 17, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Not the exact one. The only difference between mine and this one is the paint scheme. But this is truck im gonna be driving during storms this winter!:):weightlifter:

town-of-frankfort--loading-sand.jpg

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

wow man thats a awsome job!!

are they 4x4? it looks like it.

if you get some time and the chance could you take some pictures of the front suspension for me?

3. KCfireman

Will do! Were expecting a substatial amount of snowfall this year in KS.

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, that's a beast of a truck!. . . mpg? lol

5. KCfireman

With a fully loaded spreader i bet it will be getting 6 to 7 mpg!:dizzy:

6. KCfireman

about the paint scheme, the truck cabs are white and the dump beds are black w/ the blades being orange.:)

7. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I plowed with both of my single axles as a sub for the town of west hartford for several years. The fun will wear off!!

8. KCfireman

I bet! I dont know how the KDOT(Kansas DOT) does it. Plowing all that highway out in W. Kansas. They must work 12 hr shifts because i bet they get board doing it.

9. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

well in CT its all unionized. So breaks are forced even for sub contracters. We were forced a 4 hour rest after an 8 hour shift. They encouraged us to bring sleeping bags and sleep on the floor in their offices! NOT ME. I drove home and slept in my own bed. After a few hours and a cup of joe out i went.

10. KCfireman

That sounds like a plan! Although i'll probably just stop the truck out in front of the fire station and let another guy jump in to do his time.