Check out the Hustler Super ATZ

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mowerconsultant, May 2, 2003.

1. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Check this out........
    I will have more pictures and info and specs soon.....
    Here is what I have now...
    The Super ATZ ™ is a modified Super Z ™ designed to provide optimum slope--
    handling performance in a (semi)standard z-rider.The Super ATZ raises the bar
    in slope performance.Whereas most standard Zs specify slope performance at 15
    degrees,the ATZ lifts that specification to 25 degrees.A 60%improvement over a
    standard Z!
    The Super ATZ allows the operator to replace a standard z-rider and gain a slope
    mower that still can do everything the z-rider did plus take care of troublesome
    slopes.Productivity is increased because those slopes may have been done by a
    walk-behind prior to the Super ATZ.
    Here is a pic........

atz ls pic.jpg

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Another pic....

atz backing uphill.jpg

3. Mr.Stripey Lawn Care

Mr.Stripey Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Naw, that is one of those wal-mart go-karts painted yellow with a mower deck attached.:D

No offense, just kidding...Looks pretty neat, like something Jesse James built on Monster Garage, and can mow at 70 MPH!

4. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

Not seeing any spec's, it's hard to see what the differences between this and that of a "normal" Z with a ROPS bolted onto it.

If thats all it is you can buy ROPS for both the Toros and the Exmarks also.

Dan

5. Brieldo

Brieldo LawnSite Member

It has different tires and the wheel base seems to be longer. Am i correct?

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Why are the tires "backward"? They actually get a better grip facing the other direction because it's like walking on a steep hill with your feet like \ / so it has a wedging action for more traction. Of course, as they are on that machine would provide better braking which I suppose is more needed than uphill traction. I assume the longer wheel base is just for more up and down stability? What deck widths and engines are available?

7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

The tires in that direction do get better traction! We run aggresive tires on our Walkers in the winter (snowblowers on the Walkers) we turn the tires like those pictured for alot more traction as we found out in trial and error. They do tend to disturb the soil more in that direction so you need to be real careful.

8. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Okay, this looks like a good idea. I have an application for a machine like this.
    What specifically is different on this machine to make it a "hill hugger"? When will dealers have these to show and sell?:)

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's just crazy! Not for ME! :dizzy:

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Really? Then all the thousands of farmers, not to mention tractor pullers (like myself) and industrial/road crew workers, must have lost thier mind along time ago!
    Although....
    Maybe you are right, I guess I will have to do some testing myself for my pulling tractor, no where in the rules does it say you have to run your tires a certain direction! But then everyone else would be doing it if I did.... that would get us nowhere except more rules and a heavier sled :D