Check out the lift kit I made!!

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gps_jetskier, Apr 4, 2006.

1. gps_jetskier

gps_jetskier LawnSite Senior Member

Man does this make changing blades and cleaning the deck easy now.

I even added a couple lights. Last year I had a couple nights I spent squinting to see while finishing up.

gps_jetskier

DSC01851.JPG

DSC01852.JPG

DSC01862.JPG

DSC01863.JPG

DSC01864.JPG

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Very nice!

3. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

I'll have to admit, that's pretty sweet!!! :clapping:

4. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... I like it. I also like your pics, you show the details :).

5. gps_jetskier

Thanks all. It's not quite done. I need to cut the ubolts down yet. I cut them shorter, but not flush. I'm going to flush them up for a clean look I think.

Kinda of interesting thing, at first glance I thought the thing had bowed slightly after I raised it the first time, so I did some rocking on it and stuff. Turns out when we dumped the heat to weld that center jack peice on, the heat from the TIG made the tubing curl slightly. It's very sturdy and doesn't budge. I can get about 4" more then a pr of car ramps. Probably 6" if I'd have brought the assembly down a little more. Only one leg to work around too unless you want a backup safty measure and stick something under it for good measure. Jack is rated for 3000lbs. The mower only weighs about 1200.

gps_jetskier

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice idea.

Though, loosing that front trimability between your caster tires would really bother me.

Why not just put your round attachment point on a caster arm? Where your mount plates and U-bolts are. Then there is no need for the big tube between your caster arms.

7. gps_jetskier

I thought about that. I don't normally use that area much. So it wasn't a huge concern to me. I thought about adding the mount on boths side like you said, but a couple things. Then you'd need two lifts or it would rock back and forth while you're under it. You'd have two less leg to work around instead of one too. I wanted a place to mount a set of lights that didn't look like it was an afterthought. This gives a nice place to tie down too. Actually...just had a thought. Maybe I could add small set of shakles on front there eh?

gps_jetskier

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Lifting from one caster arm isn't a problem. It'll lift just fine. All the weight is on the rear tires.

9. cbelawn

cbelawn LawnSite Member

of all the other attachments you can make to hang off there. I still like my winch on the I beam. sorry

10. gps_jetskier

All good points guys. I guess you never know till ya build one. I like it this way though. The jack can be put on sideways and carried with the machine this way. I'd suggest you make yours anyway you want though and show me how it works.

gps_jetskier:usflag: