Check out the new Exmark Phazer...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2k1yzfr1, Nov 10, 2005.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a nice mower. I think they now realize they waited a bit too long doing this. I, and everyone who has one loves their gravely. Some people think the small riders are stupid and a waste of money, but those are the people who have not witnessed the difference one of these makes over a walkbehind, which makes them an uniformed source.
  3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Cool, I am in the market for something like this for gates and small yards. Glad to see Exmark has an offering since I need something that can mulch and am confident of their mulching decks. Anyone know if they are available yet?

I love wb's, but as you get older you need to save your legs. And in the South in July, sitting beats standing any day.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking at it a little closer it seems to have a few minor advantages over the Gravely.

1. 19hp vs 15hp. Better for mulching
    2. An antiscalp wheel on the side. Important when mowing Bermuda on a slope. You put the anti-scalp wheel on the downhill side so you don't get a check-shaped gouge on that side. Sometimes even 36" and smaller decks will gouge in the right situation. Nice to have a wheel there.
    3. It strikes me as perhaps having a lower center of gravity.
    4. 8" wide rear tire vs 7". Hey, every bit counts on these skinny things. Though fronts are a little smaller.
    5. 155 lbs lighter. Could be good or bad. But low ground pressure is a plus in some conditions and I'll be carrying two ZTR's so low weight is nice for safety reasons on a 3500 lb axle trailer.

It appears to have some sort of integrated transaxles vs seperate pumps/motors. Not sure how that plays out. And I bet it will cost more, being an Exmark.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Looks good and probally cuts, behind the times most ope makers have had small zs out for quit awhile.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

it's a very nice mower. The only problem that I can happening, is that they are going to want $7,000 probably (I am just guessing) for that 34" mower.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We paid 5995 plus tax for a zcat this season over priced but after it's paid for the pain is gone.
  8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

7 grand for a 34" mower Troy...let's hope not. Glad I can't use something that tiny.
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Was just going to ask how much, if anyone knew, they might be going for $$$$.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I just called me local dealer, and he didn't know what the heck I was talking about...he kept on saying Lazer...and I was like no, Phazer