Check Out the New Position of This Head!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by aquamtic, Oct 15, 2006.

1. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

I guess we will have to start carrying around some cold patch in the van for these repairs.

Attached Files:

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know if everyone wants to look at a PDF file, try saving them as JPEG's next time.

I converted the pic:

I've seen PGP's inside of 4" PVC sleeves located in concrete before, but never in asphalt. I guess it shows the durability of the PGP, considering the asphalt company probably paved over it :D

How did this one happen?

head.jpeg

3. BSME

BSME LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

one of my customers has one of those... but it's a mist head... don't want to ever see it fail

4. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

The city paved over a couple of my heads. I got the pick ax out and dug them up and moved them in another foot...till next time.

5. aquamtic

aquamtic LawnSite Senior Member

This head is working just fine and it was on grass when we started it up in the spring. Went back yesterday for shutdown and found that the city decided to cut off the corner and asphalt without even attempting to leave the head out for repositioning

6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

If the sprinkler was located in the right-of-way then the city does not care what they do to it. It's the property owner's responsibility to move it.

7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

ive got a client with a brick sidewalk and a sprinkler (super 600 1980's) in the middle of the sidewalk at the street.

It still works. Leaks a little around the seal. Im sure it'll get worse.

they did a good job cutting the bricks to make a perfect 4" circle around the head.

ive looked at the piping diagram and its not looking good. pipes runs parallel with and under the sidewalk up into the yard

8. Repairs

Repairs LawnSite Member

Around here in austin wonder what the water police would have to say about that? They always say they will give fines for watering the roadway.

9. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

Does Lynn Chaumont still work for the City of Austin? She can be really hardcore on water in the road.

10. Repairs

Repairs LawnSite Member

That name doesnt ring a bell, but that does not mean anything as I try to stay up north. I do try to go to the waterwise stuff every couple of years for my ceu's though.