Check out the new side boards on my truck...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Stafford Landscaping, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Stafford Landscaping

Stafford Landscaping LawnSite Member

I built new side boards for my truck this week. I think they would look good if I just stain them natural. Anybody got any other suggestions?

red truck.jpg

red truck2.jpg

red truck3.jpg

2. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

I would just put a natural high traffic deck stain on there. Should make it look good and help the wood last longer.

BTW: What kind of wood did you use?

3. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Nice truck. Yep, I would just stain 'em so the natural color stays, it looks good. How big is the flatbed, and how much mulch can you haul with the high boards you used to have?

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

nice job, looks good

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'd go black. why only 18" or so? You could hold more with higher sides

6. Stafford Landscaping

I used pressure treated pine. And the sides that I had before Was the same as the new, but I had made another set that fit on top of them when I haul mulch but I have'nt made the upper piece for the new sides yet.
    With the upper sides on the old set I could haul about 12 yards of mulch
    the bed is 12ft long

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I like that truck... simulators really pick it up. I have a 12' flatbed and I painted my side boards black to match the bed.

8. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Paint those side boards black and then it will really look sharp. Nice looking truck for it's age.

9. Stafford Landscaping

Ya it's an 85 the inside is clean no tears or rips in the seats or the dash nothing broken or torn up everything works as it should. I have thought about buying a newer truck with a diesel but I can't justify a newer one this one runs great it got the 460 engine 4 speed and it pulls like a mule. I bought this truck for $4500.00 and it works just the same as a new truck so I just can't bring myself to upgrade just yet.

10. Tadams

Tadams LawnSite Senior Member

If ya got the extra money I would look into having the sidesdone in Line-X or Rhino liner. I don't know if it would stick to the wood or not but I like that stuff. I bought my step son a jeep and the floor and sides were done in it. So far it has been very durable. If ya don't do that, then paint it black to match the bed.