1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check Out The Scorpion FX by EverRide

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Michael J. Donovan, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

2. W.L.S.27

W.L.S.27 LawnSite Member

Why is it that the Everrides and the Danes look almost identical?

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Nice looking mower... when my Toro is used up, I think I'll go with some kind of Stander.

Only thing is, only Wright dealers and one Great Dane dealer here. I dont think Ive ever seen Everride
  4. EverRide

EverRide Inactive

If you click on Local Dealer it will take to the dealer locator on the Everride web site.
  5. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

Because they are identical
  6. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Does the deck scalp alot? I stood on one at FarmFest last year and it seems that there is no room for your feet on the platform. I would have to try one for my full opinion.
  7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never used a stander but from looking at them it looks like its a back pain waiting to happen. Has anyone ever hurt there backs on one of these things?
  8. Daneman

Daneman LawnSite Member

It's actually better on your back. When you are sitting on a Z, your spine angle is bent, where as on the Surfer, you have a perfect spine alignment, and with the spring loaded platform, it takes out most of the bumps. Your legs will be tired for the first day, but you are using the strongest part of your body, your legs, to support you.

Lawn Enforcer: The deck is so close to the tires, it really doesn't have a scalping problem
  9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you pay $5,000 for a new mower w/a Fixed when you can get a stander w/ a floating deck for a little more? Also Stander dealers are every where. JMHO