1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Check out the stripes made by my new tractor!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Doppelganger, May 6, 2004.

1. Doppelganger

Doppelganger LawnSite Member

I just bought a new Massey Ferguson 2720 lawn tractor and mowed my lawn for the 2nd time this year. I couldn't be happier with it's performance. The striping effect is awesome and now I just have to practice on getting good patterns laid down!
    I highly recommend the Simplicity/Massey/Agco mowers...:D

2. scrjunky6

scrjunky6 LawnSite Member

i can barely see those
  3. jsmonroeCT

jsmonroeCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

I have a simplicity last year and I love it. I looked at JD, Cub, etc and the Simplicity won, hands down. Dealer support is unreal, the cut is unreal, and the stripes ate really nice. Here are some of my stripes:

4. EastTnLC

EastTnLC LawnSite Member

Dang jsmonroeCT, Those stripes look great! Nice job. What size of deck is that and what height. Keep up the good work
  5. jsmonroeCT

jsmonroeCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

Thanks EastTnLC.

Its a 38" deck on a 2003 Simplicity Broadmoor, deck set at 4" or 4.5", whatever the highest setting allows. This allows the grass roots to be shaded in the hot weather and avoid turning brown.

As the temps turn cooler, I will gradually take it down to 3" to 3.5". All this was learned from this site.
  6. bostonbob

bostonbob LawnSite Member

That Massey 2720 is real nice looking - what does that unit cost?
  7. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Looking great! I am mowing at 3 1/4 inch now we have plenty of moisture and gettin more rain tonight :D .
  8. simplicityjeff

simplicityjeff LawnSite Member

The rain is helping so much. With the temps going into the 70's this weekend in CT, I will bring the height down to 3" (i'll have to cut twice in a row).